Medical Assistant - Garden Homes Family Practice - 0.0 FTE, Days
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (MA), (Garden Homes
Family Practice Clinic, Days, 0.0 FTE/ on-call) to Physician
Management Group in Colville, Washington. We are a community of
caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for a Medical Assistant I.
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform increasingly advanced procedures with validated
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of
all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of
biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain
equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient
- Demonstrate a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge.
Assist in orientation of new team members and serves as a role
model of best practices to others.
- Provide open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent or Graduate of accredited
school for medical assistants or alternate training program
- Experience with basic clinical practices, procedures, and
- Active Interim Certificate or Active Medical Assistant
Certified through Washington State; required by date of hire
- If in Active Interim Certification Status, applicant must pass
one of the following exams within 120 days of hire
- Current BLS - Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited)
required within 90 days of hire.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 6 Months previous experience in healthcare setting with an
Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- 6 Months previous experience in Customer Service
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty
care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern
Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to
create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one
focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Spokane , Medical Assistant - Garden Homes Family Practice - 0.0 FTE, Days, Other , Colville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!