Lab Technician - Immediate Opening
Posted on: July 17, 2021
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for
performing routine testing of biological specimens and reviewing
test results. This position is also responsible for providing
skilled technical support in the laboratory.
Must have MLS or BB ASCP Certification, OR able to obtain
certification (per ASCP criteria) within 6 months of hire!
LOCATION: Spokane, WA
SCHEDULE: full-time 40 hours per week, nights/graveyard
shift, rotating weekends. Initial 3-month training will be on day
shift. Must be flexible to work varying days and shifts per
- Full benefits package and shift premium!
- Sign-on Bonus!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance
issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Performs high complexity testing (e.g., stem cell processing,
CBC differentials, antigen screens, antibody ID, and cross
- Maintains accurate records and documentation.
- Assists in investigative studies, as directed.
- Participates in quality control, preventive maintenance, and
- Performs routine testing in the lab for quality control of
components, single donor platelet yields, automated red cell
technology problems, etc., as requested.
- Provides technical support/liaison to hospital transfusion
- Resolves problems between departments that prevent production
and distribution of blood components.
- Performs final record review.
- Assists with training.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment. Notifies
appropriate personnel if additional service is needed.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, medical
technology or clinical laboratory science required.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a recognized
certifying agency (i.e. ASCP for MT, MLS or BB) required, or must
receive certification within six months; or CLIA equivalent for
high complexity testing required.
- State licensure (as required by regulations).
No experience required (experience from school program with a full
year of internship would suffice for this position).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift
up to 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication,
organization, analytical, and decision making skills and be able to
comprehend and apply clinical laboratory procedures and
- Must be able to maintain donor, patient and employee
- Must possess basic keyboarding skills and the ability to handle
and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime when
EEO including disability and veterans
Keywords: Vitalant, Spokane , Lab Technician - Immediate Opening, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!