Optometric Tech - Medical Assistant
Company: Eyeglass World
Posted on: October 11, 2021
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see
their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye
care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers,
Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide
range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3
of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World
has over 100 locations across the United States.
Right now we're looking for an Optometric Technician to join our
growing team. The Optometric Technician assists the
Optometrist by conducting pre-screenings and testing prior to the
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensures high quality patient care.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s
office and pretest room.
- Understands ocular terminology and diseases and knows the
- Explains to the patient the types of preliminary
- Completes necessary paperwork and performs testing on patients
prior to doctor examination.
- Promotes visual field testing and retinal screenings to
- Performs exam pre-screening.
- Reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and
identifies special needs. Consults with the optician, Doctor or
Retail Management when necessary.
- Fills out referral forms and follow-up paperwork as
- Maintains accurate and organized patient records.
- Ensures equipment, both Doctor’s and pre-test, is properly
- Orders and maintains supplies and pharmaceuticals as
- Follows all store and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participates in regularly scheduled mandatory communications
meetings in order to keep informed of changes in corporate policies
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to
Keywords: Eyeglass World, Spokane , Optometric Tech - Medical Assistant, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!