Baker/ Pastry Chef for Sodexo at Gonzaga University
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Baker/ Pastry Chef-Sodexo @ Gonzaga University
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
The Baker prepares baked goods according to recipes and production
specifications. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Follows recipes and/or product directions to prepare items from
scratch such as breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits, etc.
- Places products into correctly prepared pans.
- Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens.
- Places items in ovens.
- Removes baked items from ovens and applies appropriate
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 1 more years of related work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food handling skills.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Associated topics: cafe, chef, commercial kitchen, culinary school,
grill chef, head chef, pizza chef, prep chef, restaurant chef, sous
Keywords: Sodexo, Spokane , Baker/ Pastry Chef for Sodexo at Gonzaga University, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!