Posted on: January 13, 2022
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Assures material availability to support manufacturing and
* Executes timely acquisition of managed materials and services
while achieving the best overall value for the commodities
* Responsible for the strategic sourcing and buying process.
* Coordinates contract price changes and monitors the day to day
services of the contract process.
* Collects competitive market data; monitors internal company
needs, and develops tactical and long-term strategic plans in
conjunction with engineering developments and manufacturing
improvement methods applicable to their assigned
* Builds and maintains pricing and supply/demand models to monitor
markets and guide company strategies.
* Works directly with suppliers to negotiate terms, execute
contracts, and implements changes.
* Works closely with engineering, sourcing, marketing and
production on new product launches, ensuring that all the parts are
in place for testing and launch dates.
* Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to
determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory
control and management of same.
* Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory
control parameters for the assigned products and services.
* Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering
changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
* 2-5 years of experience in strategic procurement and planning
experience in a manufacturing environment; window and door industry
* Proven negotiation skills.
* Project management and/or Supply Chain lead experience
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Suite
and applicable JELD-WEN software and hardware applications.
* Excellent communication skills to express ideas and concepts
verbally, visually and in writing.
* JELD-WEN product line and familiarity a must.
* Travel required: 5-10%
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: Jeld-Wen, Spokane , Buyer, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!