Equipment Yard Attendant
Company: Western States CAT
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State's culture is based on
passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely
committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every
day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a
"play to win" organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every
decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging
culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an
JOB SUMMARY: The Yard Equipment Attendant is responsible for the
organization, maintenance, and adherence to company procedures
pertaining to yard safety and contamination controls. This position
ensures client safety and site security by tracking machine
inventory, shipping/receiving of machines, and extensive knowledge
or ability to obtain operating certifications in various brands of
equipment. They must have the ability to complete multiple tasks at
the same time, be results oriented, and be able to work safely in a
* Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at
Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is
critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe
work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies,
procedures and standards.
* Ability to complete Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's) prior to any
job-related tasks according to WSECO's policy and standards.
* Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe
environment for all WSECO employees.
* Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as
identified in safety policy.
Equipment Inventory and Operation
* Completes logistics documentation for shipping and receiving
* Maintains and enters data inventory for accurate reporting on
* Steam cleans equipment making sure to keep steam-cleaning area
clean and free of all debris.
Yard Appearance and Equipment Maintenance
* Maintains organization and appearance of the yard by properly
staging and display of equipment and attachments in designated
areas to ensure Caterpillar Retail Presence guidelines are met.
* Completes final check of all equipment leaving the yard to
include proper load securement and safe transport of all
* May assist technicians with minor repairs or maintenance on
Security and Client Safety
* Support, execute or oversee Contamination Control tasks as
identified by Caterpillar standards.
* Inspects equipment upon customer return for damage, abuse, fuel
levels and all attachments.
* Handles all public and internal inquiries in a prompt and
* Maintain consistent daily communication with the Yard Lead and
Yard Operations Manager and to assist with immediate customer and
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proven customer service skills.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Minimum of one-year operating or certification in construction
* Minimum of 6 months inventory and logistics preferred.
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking,
sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not
limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping,
pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Keywords: Western States CAT, Spokane , Equipment Yard Attendant, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!