Company: HBK Engineering, LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
HBK Engineering is searching for a Field Lead. Our firm offers a
professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive
salary and growth opportunity.The position is responsible for
leading a two to three person field crew which will gather field
survey measurements using Total Station or GPS survey equipment.
This individual will work directly with the safety manager and
office leadership to meet the needs of HBK's field services.
- Conducts surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features
and man-made structures on the surface and underground.
- Adjusts and operates surveying instruments such as Total
Station and GPS survey equipment.
- Perform make ready engineering for aerial plant
- Records survey measurements and descriptive data using notes,
drawings and sketches.
- Searches for property corners and survey monuments.
- Positions and holds vertical rods, or targets that Total
Station operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances,
- Lays out grids and/or determines horizontal and vertical
- Compares survey computations with applicable standards to
determine adequacy of data.
- Lay out and recovers stakes, marks, and other
- Performs surveys of existing utility and/or street light poles
utilizing total station, rangefinders, di-electric height sticks,
target poles and/or GPS survey equipment
- Perform manhole inspections.
- Perform value-based engineering approach to determine best
construction route and placement method.
- Ability to take detailed field notes and photographs.
- Ability to perform a level run.
- Leads a survey group consisting of a (2) person survey crew,
and a (2) person training and technical support staff.
- Performs the duties of the surveyor responsible-in-charge of
various surveys statewide, including:
- Geodetic / Project control
- Boundary surveys
- Coordinates survey crew activities; monitors progress of the
survey, analyzes processing and adjustment results; and/or develops
and files surveys with the county.
- Provides survey training and support for field personnel.
- Assists in developing standards and procedures for survey
- Develops and maintains liaison with project managers' offices,
region offices, design sections, and others to provide training and
instruction in field survey procedures - including both
conventional and electronic survey systems
- Works directly with survey crews to ensure proper and efficient
use of survey equipment.
- Keeps abreast with advances in survey technology and/or acts as
a source of information to field personnel.
- Communicate with land owners for access to private property as
- Three (3) years of OSP survey experience in with combination of
aerial and underground OSP survey is required.
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time and work
nights/weekends when required.
- Working knowledge of NESC rules
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attention to jobsite safety
- Working knowledge of OSP construction techniques and placement
methodsValued But Not Required Skills And Experience
- PC knowledge and/or use and Microsoft Office Suite (Word /
Excel) are preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Bachelor degree is a plus.
- E.I.T./S.I.T Certification is a plus.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
- Aerial and/or underground OSP construction experience.Physical
- Physically capable of moving about on construction work sites,
public streets and parkway
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit, kneel, and squat on a daily basis - minimal
frequency of kneeling and squatting
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate surveying equipment
and measurementsWork Environment
- Work safely outside in all weather conditions year round.
- Frequently work in excavations areas and roadways.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or
airborne particles, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally
moderate to loud.
- May be required to work nights or weekends.
Keywords: HBK Engineering, LLC, Spokane , Field Lead, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!