PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED required. Availability
to work as scheduled on clinic days. Consistent work history
indicating exemplary attendance, excellent customer service and the
ability to work positively and efficiently with both the public and
in a team oriented environment required. Cashiering experience
required. Physician/Dental/Optical/Chiropractic scheduling within
NextGen Electronic Practice Management experience preferred.
Keyboarding, computer and 10-key experience required.
Medical/Dental/Optical/Chiropractic terminology preferred.
Excellent verbal and written skills required. Previous experience
providing excellent customer service both on the phone and in
person while managing stressors without projecting on the patient
or team members required.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and data
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Standing/walking 10 - 50% of the day.
- Sitting 50 - 90% of the day.
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 30 lbs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of excellent customer service to ensure that each
person, internally and externally is greeted professionally with
each and every interaction.
- Orients new patients to Marimn Health and provides an
introduction to services and programs available.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for patients.
Appropriately manages patient's questions, concerns or issues. Able
to direct patients to the appropriate resource within the
- Registers new patients into NextGen (EPM) and Pharmacy Software
following approved protocol and procedures. Advises patient of
payment responsibilities and billing protocols appropriate for each
- Pre-screens patients for Purchased and Referred Care and
Sliding Fee eligibility. Advises patients of discount and payment
- Responsible for collection and maintenance of: demographic
information; eligibility information; Patient Privacy notices;
income information and other information assigned as it relates to
funding sources (i.e. UDS, third party payers, etc.)
- Appropriately schedules patient appointments using the
company's systems and standard solicitation of reason for visit;
Primary Care Provider (PCP); appropriate identification of patient
using name and date of birth. Ensures scheduled appointments are
within guidelines of appointments for medical, dental, BH visits
and variances are communicated to the appropriate team.
- Initiates patient visit and ensures check-in procedures are
competed efficiently and appropriately to create the encounter and
initiate the billing of charges. Verifies patient demographics,
assigns appropriate rendering provider; attaches correct and
updated insurance to the encounter.
- Notifies health care provider (i.e. nursing, medical, dental,
behavioral health) regarding late arrivals, no-shows and
cancellations in order to optimize provider time.
- Completes appointment reminder calls for medical patient
appointments at least one business day prior to appointment.
Reminds patients of appointment date, time and provider and informs
them of expected payment due at time of service.
- Works collaboratively with revenue staff to effectively manage
and collect revenue related to patient encounters. Responsible for
collection, recording and securing payment and preparation and
issuance of receipt for payment.
- Assists patients with alternate resources by providing contact
information and/or introduction to the organization's Outreach and
Enrollment Team responsible for assisting patients with evaluation
of alternate resources.
- Works collaboratively as part of the reception pool, gaining
the skills required to work in various reception areas to best
facilitate patient and staffing needs.
- Handles patient calls thoroughly and appropriately, exhausting
all resources to assist before transferring.
- Able to manage self and not project stress onto patients or
fellow team members.
- Processes patient payments and prepares receipts.
- Maintains the cash drawer following departmental policies and
- Prepares deposits from daily receipts and third party payments,
- Assists as a team member, as required, with updating policies
and procedures, serves on committees and works with the manager and
other departments to maintain positive patient/clinic
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!