COMMUNITY HEALTH HOME ASSISTANT
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED/Equivalency. Completion
of a patient transferring course or equivalent level healthcare
training, before or within 6 months of employment. Current First
Aide and Basic Life Support (CPR) certification before or within 3
months of employment. Experience with some type of an electronic
health record system with prior NextGen experience preferred.
Possess valid driver's license with a conviction-free driving
record for the past 3 years. Completion of a finger-printed
criminal background check with a conviction-free record. Must be an
individual who is competent to perform assigned functions of
non-medical care to the client in their residence. Must be able to
strictly adhere to Marimn Health confidentiality requirements as
well as the Federal Privacy Act.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Sitting 25 % of the day.
- Standing/Walking 25 to 75 % of the day.
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 20 lbs. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide pleasant, supportive companionship to client.
- Provide light housekeeping
- Provide assistance with ADLs.
- Provide shopping service for groceries and other items such as
clothing or cleaning products.
- Assist client with exercises, physical and/or mental.
- Provide medication reminders.
- Complete activity log for each client at each visit
- Report changes in the client's physical condition, behavior, or
appearance to Community Health Nurse or Manager.
- Personalize services based on the individual needs assessment
for the client.
- Physically able and willing to assist elderly clients with
ambulation, including loading and unloading of wheel/chair bound
- Able to navigate safely in urban traffic and locate referral
- Transportation of clients to medically related appointments on
a scheduled basis per transportation policy.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle assuring proper working
- Operation of the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner with
regard to traffic safety regulations and comfort of
- Maintains inventory of vehicle supplies and equipment.
- Advises supervisor of road hazards and inclement weather
conditions for consideration of temporary cancellation of
- Completes and maintains required records, reports and
- Able to provide secretarial support and receptionist
- Schedules, receives and directs clients and visitors to the
appropriate areas representing department in a positive
- Answers telephone, completes filing, composes routine
correspondence, and operates office equipment. (Uses phone for
patient services. Limits personal phone calls).
- Maintains general files as needed.
- Utilizes scheduled break and meal times, coordinated within the
assigned department, to complete non-work-related obligations
(personal phone calls, etc.)
- Documents services delivered in accordance with Marimn Health
policies and procedures.
- Attend job related training and staff meetings as
- Other duties as assigned. PM22
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , COMMUNITY HEALTH HOME ASSISTANT, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!