Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum High School diploma or G.E.D. required,
current enrollment in High School or GED program will be
considered. Must demonstrate strong skills with written
communication including use of Word and Excel. Prior CNA/MA
experience (required but may be substituted by at least 1 year of
working in optometry/ophthalmology practice). Proper and
professional telephone etiquette is required. Demonstrated success
in providing exceptional customer service required. CPR/First-Aid
certification, ophthalmic knowledge, and a valid driver's license
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, data entry, and
handing eyeglass fittings/repair.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs., (i.e. boxes of paper)
- Standing 10-25% of the day.
- Walking 10-25% of the day.
- Pushing up to 40 lbs.
- Pulling up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to handle high stress levels, multiple demands, and
deadlines. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Phone calls
- Triages ocular emergencies.
- Proper documentation (including phone calls) into EHR
- Maintains cancellation list.
- Accurately schedules patients.
- Sends no show letters.
- Responds w/ compassion and respect when patients show up late
and have to be rescheduled.
- Verify insurance while making appointments.
- Accurately bill for glasses/contacts.
- Uses prescription information from the optometrist and
patient's preference, face shape, and other factors to help select
the appropriate pair of eyeglasses, frames and lenses.
- Give product recommendation to patients based on their vision
needs and lifestyle, such as frame construction, lens material and
- Take accurate measurement of each patients face and optical
details to ensure a comfortable and proper fit before ordering
- Adjust new frames using optical tools or pliers to get a closer
and more accurate fit on the patient's face when the patient has
problems with comfort or poor vision.
- Maintains contact lens, glasses, and sample inventory and
equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level,
anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for
supplies; verify receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service
- Maintains necessary relationships with sales representatives to
facilitate the implementation of new products.
- Accurately orders contacts and glasses with correct
measurements such as seg height, rx, prism, materials, etc.
- Describe spectacle prescription and components.
- Perform a complete and accurate refraction with proper
- Refine refractive error using autorefractor, phoropter, and/or
previous glasses rx.
- Perform and record transposition.
- Calculate and record spherical equivalence.
- Determine near add (bifocal, trifocal, multifocals)
- Troubleshoot remakes.
- Selecting appropriate lens for patient.
- Fluorescein pattern evaluation procedures.
- Analyzing contact lens wear and fit (e.g., movement,
centration, overall stability/axis rotation)
- Evaluation of patient subjective responses (e.g., patient
comfort/discomfort, visual acuity)
- Obtaining quality slit lamp exam and properly storing
- Properly education to patient on contact lens handling and
- Obtains patient's chief complaint by interviewing patient and
entering into EHR.
- Create intake, which includes entering information such as:
- Keep appointments on schedule by starting patient testing in a
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and exam room
utilization by efficiently pre-testing patients. Which includes:
- Visual acuities, Pupils, Extraocular muscles, Confrontational
fields, Autorefractor, Lensometer, Blood pressure, Fundus photos,
OCT, Visual fields, Tonometry, and Dilation.
- Other duties as assigned. PM22
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , OPTOMETRY ASSISTANT, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!