Quotations Coordinator - Gear
Company: Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Make a difference.
As a Coordinator - Quotations Department, you will support the
Quotation Department and branch management, which has the overall
responsibility to provide others with accurate and timely costing,
quoting, pricing, and technical information based on customer
specifications. You will conduct extensive research and analysis of
multiple product lines and manufacturing capabilities in order to
generate quotations that result in generating a profit for the
organization and repeat business from the customer.
In this role you will:
* Prepare cost estimates of materials for internal and external
customers; compile bills of material utilizing knowledge of
products to be manufactured; itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment
to be purchased from outside sources.
* Consult with factories and representatives to obtain best-cost
information; compute cost estimates; and audit manufacturers' bills
* Conduct extensive research prior to submitting quotation that
involves identifying customer requirements and performance
standards, determine product specifications, and research
* Conduct ongoing analysis of competitors' products and services in
an effort to identify strategic opportunities that will enhance the
organization's overall ability to compete in the market.
* Complete and submit accurate and thorough technical quotations
against tight deadlines established by customers based on technical
specifications required by customer.
* Support the change order process and job lot billing in some
* Periodically issue list of quotes to be used or already used and
take-offs required by sales employees.
* Support Corporate, district, and branch initiatives regarding
specific sales promotional opportunities.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
specialized training on various product lines, review publications,
and establish personal networks and relationships with customers,
suppliers, and manufacturers.
What you bring to the table:
* Minimum 3 years experience required. Related experience
communicating and negotiating with customers, suppliers, and/or
* 4+ years of experience preferred: Sales, negotiations, pricing,
and building relationships
* 2 year degree preferred
* Knowledge of multiple product lines and pricing strategies
required to generate quotations that result in profit for the
* Knowledge of SAP programs used to support the Quotations
* Knowledge of logistics strategies
* Mathematical skills
* Organizational and time management skills
* Oral and written communication skills
* Negotiation skills
* Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
* Ability to project a positive and professional image on behalf of
* Ability to read and adapt to customer needs and expectations
* Ability to maintain and grow product knowledge and
* Ability to think strategically to create a quote that will result
in a sale
* Ability to develop and build relationships at all influence
* Some travel required
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We
believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas
and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and
compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we
welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into
our company because we believe it's the right thing to do and the
right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel
a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We
believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect,
and we work to build a collaborative environment where our
employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a
difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That's what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as
one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique
value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what's next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our
employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar,
you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12
months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits.
Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental
Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts,
Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid
Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future
opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner
of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job
postings become available that meet your interest!
Keywords: Graybar Electric Company, Inc., Spokane , Quotations Coordinator - Gear, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!