Sr. Service Specialist - Remote Opportunity!!
Company: Plug Power Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Sr. Service Specialist - High Power Systems
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Location: Remote Opportunity - West Coast US
The Sr. Service Specialist - High Power Systems plays a critical
role within the Plug Power Services organization by enabling the
growth and performance of our hydrogen stationary power fuel cell
market. This position is responsible for supporting our customers
with the installation and after-market technical support of our
High Power GenSure products. The ideal candidate will become the
High Power GenSure subject matter expert within the Services
Organization. The role requires highly adept technical and
troubleshooting skills with electrical, electro-mechanical, and
industrial gas systems. In this role you will work across
functional departments to help improve High Power GenSure system
designs and resolve issues based upon field experience and data.
The Sr. Service Specialist is expected to help train and develop
team members and Field Service Technicians on Gensure High Power
products and servicing. The Sr. Service Specialist provides a
critical interface to Plug Power customers and is expected to be an
ambassador for Plug Power in the field. This role is vital to
supporting the strong reputation for the reliability of Plug Power
technology as well as furthering the Company's reputation as a
high-value service partner with our customers. Up to 75% travel to
diverse customer locations will be required.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
* Performing detailed pre-installation site surveys of candidate
sites for High Power GenSure installations.
* Maintenance and service of fuel cells, switch gear, inverters,
and hydrogen delivery at customer sites.
* Perform remote diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to
provide direction to customer service support personnel.
* Support the development of product and customer specific
documentation, procedures, and job-aids to ensure accurate and
standard methods and procedures.
* Perform specialized service procedures including field retrofits,
software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells, switch gear,
inverters, and hydrogen delivery.
* Providing emergency support service to customers as required.
* As the Services Subject Matter Expert for High Power Systems,
provide training and mentoring of other personnel on
troubleshooting, maintenance and service of fuel cells, switch
gear, inverters, and hydrogen delivery systems.
* Provide customer training on general use and operational flow of
High Power GenSure and Hydrogen systems installed at the customer
* Purchase tools, equipment and parts for customer service and
support as required.
* Troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage
and delivery systems.
* Perform special assignments including laboratory testing, field
readiness demonstration testing, and marketing trade show
* Maintaining ongoing communication with customer personnel
regarding support of fuel cells and hydrogen infrastructure.
* Provide regular feedback to company management regarding fuel
cell, switch gear, inverter, and hydrogen delivery performance and
field maintenance issues.
* Complete administrative duties & documentation including expense
reports, mileage logs, site and system documentation.
* Exhibit and enforce safety procedures in the field and at
* Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* 5+ years of experience in power distribution, medium voltage
switch gears, and/or large-scale backup generator/UPS systems.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field; or
in lieu of a bachelor's degree we would accept a technical school
certificate or degree and 2 additional years of relevant
experience; or no degree and 4 additional years of relevant
* Ability to travel as needed to carry out duties of the position -
up to 75%
Desired Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
* Experience in a supervisory position highly preferred
* Working knowledge of electrical industry codes and standards
* Ability to work from construction drawings, electrical diagrams,
* High and low voltage AC and DC electrical and mechanical
troubleshooting and repair skills
* Provide engineering support and guidance as needed
* Build effective internal relationships with colleagues; work both
inter-departmentally and cross-functionally as needed
* Uncompromising dedication to customer service excellence
* Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to
* Superior communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software
* Ability to manage complex job sites and multi-task efficiently
* Ability to role model high standards of professionalism
* Excellent follow-through
* Must be driven and self-motivated
* Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to
work safety and quality
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Keywords: Plug Power Inc., Spokane , Sr. Service Specialist - Remote Opportunity!!, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!