Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020!
Fantastic benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability
to choose vacation times!
Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employee Life insurance plan of $100,000 + the employee's
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED required. Certified
Nursing Assistant (CNA) preferred, with a plan to obtain a
Chiropractic Assistant Certification within 6 months of hire.
Professional knowledge of chiropractic and the neuromusculoskeletal
(NMSK) system and knowledge of chiropractic manipulation therapy
including desired effects, side effects and complications
preferred. Ability to read and explain treatment plans to patients.
Typing skills of at least 35 wpm preferred. Current BLS required
and/or wiliness to obtain within (6) months of hire date.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in the
clinical area. Demonstrates excellent technical skills and
- Must demonstrate knowledge of or willingness to learn the
principles of chiropractic and have the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirement as
directed by the Chiropractic physicians.
- Must effectively interact with staff to coordinate and promote
continuity of the patient's care. Must have ability to interact
with physician/provider as a member of care team and patient
- Demonstrate accountability for ensuring documentation of all
aspects of care as per clinic guidelines; maintaining patient
safety, comfort, and cleanliness.
- Demonstrate self-direction and professionalism by identifying
areas of needed professional development skill and participating in
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize emergency situations and
ability to apply emergency care.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the culture, customs and
health problems of the Native American population.
- Maintains positive peer relationships and assists in a
friendly, helpful manner to all patients, visitors and staff.
- Well-organized and able to handle conflicts and crisis in a
- Possesses the ability to work independently and make sound care
decision regarding established care plan.
- Understands and practices confidentiality guidelines as
established in the Patient Privacy Act.
- Must have consistent work attendance record. ADA ESSENTIAL
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and computer
- Able to lift up to 25-100 lbs. (assist in transfer of
- Standing 40% of the day.
- Walking 60% of the day.
- Pushing up to 30-100lbs, (i.e. crash cart, stretcher, or
- Pulling up to 25-80 lbs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain appropriate vital signs including weights and heights
under nurse documentation. Recognizes normal ranges and alerts
provider for reading outside of normal range.
- Check patients in using Nextgen EHR system and schedule
appointments and follow ups.
- Answering phone calls, returning voicemails.
- Assist other departments with check-in process if needed.
- Obtain the appropriate information, lab results, x-ray results,
and health history from patients to prepare them for the clinical
- Track re-examinations and ensure completion, ensure patient
completes indicated questionnaires and tests are accomplished.
- Assists clinicians with procedures as needed.
- Able to anticipate Chiropractic physicians' needs.
- Operates and maintains appropriate chiropractic equipment
including laser, PEMF devices and others.
- Ensure new patients get and complete necessary forms. Assist as
- Update and improve forms and handouts as necessary or if asked
by provider using Otech for digital forms.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely documentation within the
electronic health record including the right patient, right
encounter date/time and appropriate provider.
- Appropriately selects patients' complaint/reason for visit
using HPI template in EHR.
- Able to accurately input vital signs, allergies, medications,
Past Medical History, past diagnostic information, Family History,
Social History, confidential information, review of systems, and/or
any procedure completed into Next Gen/EHR.
- Able to order lab, x-ray, MRI or other imaging, print labs and
- Able to accurately complete ROI's.
- Transfer information is documented accurately, completely and
in a timely manner for patients' transfer to other health care
- Able to input information into the EMR quickly and
- Assists as a team member as required, with updating policies
and procedures, serves on committees and works with the manager and
other departments to maintain positive patient/clinic
- Recognize and address patient and significant other learning
- Ensure patient education/teaching plan meets the patient's
- Promotes continuity and consistency to deliver quality
- Accesses resources for referrals as needed and schedules
appointments for patients needing referral.
- Practices Universal Precautions, Infection Control and Safety
- Follows established policies for safe administration of
medicines, treatments, and procedures.
- Meets mandatory education requirements for safety, i.e. blood
borne pathogens, body mechanisms, hazardous chemicals, fire and
- Communicates situations of potential legal risk at time of
occurrence through appropriate chain of command process.
- Able to utilize all medical equipment within scope of practice
safely and appropriately.
- Effectively uses computer, NextGen/EMR, OTEC and other
- Demonstrate knowledge of required skills such as use of
therapeutic laser, PEMF device, exercise equipment, etc. then able
to operate these devices.
- Performs procedures that are within appropriate scope of
- Supports patient rights.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other caregivers for productive
- Performs responsibly and efficiently as a team member in
emergent situations, remaining calm, communicating and documenting
- Demonstrates availability at all times during operating
- Demonstrates ability to critique own practice for error and
pursues corrective action.
- Keeps informed by reading memos, emails and bulletin boards and
seeking out assistance of others.
- Take ownership of issues. Participates in projects and follows
through to completion.
- Pursues education activities to maintain or enhance a current
level of knowledge and competency and documents appropriately.
- Positively adjusts to health care environment and changes.
- Adheres to Personnel Policies.
- Functions as a dependable team member by demonstrating
self-initiative when needed, and assisting when requested.
- Demonstrates priority setting ability and organizational skills
by timely completion of assigned tasks, maintaining clear and
orderly work area.
- Limits personal phone calls/ cell phone use in the clinical
- Maintains relationships that are characterized by mutual
support, open communication, trust and respect.
- Avoids destructive comments, lack of support, and
negative/offensive non-verbal behaviors.
- Gives feedback to others in a private, constructive
- Handles conflicts with appropriate respect for privacy and
maintaining the self-esteem of those involved.
- Responsible for serving as the Chiropractic Assistant for
patients with chronic illness and/or conditions; Duties to include
but are not limited to: maintaining an accurate record,
coordinating care/follow-up, and provide patient education.
- Responsible for new patient intakes and obtaining records prior
to scheduling appointment to establish care
- Collaborate proactively with all team members and with a
patient -focus to facilitate and maximize patient healthcare
- Promote healthcare outcomes with currently accepted clinical
practice guideline. Provide patient education, advice and
information on health assessment, disease processes, medications
- Utilize best practice model to identify, incorporate or develop
best practices for panel management . click apply for full job
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , CHIROPRACTIC ASSISTANT, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!