Company: ALL GODS CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
Posted on: January 25, 2023
All God's Children International (AGCI) is a non-profit orphan care
ministry answering God's call to provide the love and care that
every child deserves. We have been committed to giving hope and
changing lives around the world since 1991.
AGCI is dedicated to empowering local leaders to intervene for the
8 million children living in institutions and creating more paths
to family, faith, and independence. Our AGCI Child Advocacy Model
is a holistic approach to:
- Prevent children from entering institutions by strengthening
- Provide elevated care by collaborating with institutions and
training caregivers in our holistic model.
- Place children with prepared, loving forever families through
international and domestic adoption.
- Prepare older orphans to thrive through independence
- Change Policy to improve child welfare systems for children
around the world.
We are seeking a part-time as needed Social Worker to join our
team. The Social Worker is responsible for completing social
service assessments and reports including but not limited to home
studies, post placement and post adoption reports. They are also
responsible for educating and supporting families about adoption.
They will be reporting to the Director of Clinical Services. We are
currently seeking social workers in the following
- Portland, OR
- Bend, OR
- Vancouver, WA
- Seattle, WA
- Spokane, WA
This position requires the successful completion of an extensive
criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents self in a manner consistent with the mission,
policies and procedures of AGCI.
- Conducts and completes home studies, updates, and addendums and
post placement and post adoption reports as assigned by the State
- Completes AGCI home studies, updates, addendums and post
adoption reports in compliance with home state, Hague, USCIS and
- Ensures all social service visits and reports, including but
not limited to home studies, home study addendums/updates and post
placement and post adoption reports are completed in a timely
- Educates families on topics such as attachment and bonding,
child health issues, grief and loss, discipline, multi-cultural
adoption, country-specific issues, and other risk factors
associated with adoption at all phases in adoption
- Provides support services on topics such as attachment and
bonding, child health issues, grief and loss, discipline,
multi-cultural adoption, country specific issues and other risk
factors associated with adoption.
- Provides crisis intervention and ongoing support and resource
linkage for families seeking disruption/dissolution, when needed,
in consultation with State Director as necessary.
- Respectfully takes direction from the State Director and seeks
consultation when appropriate.
- Engages families and prospective families with AGCI's holistic
- Displays excellent communication skills including in-person
customer service, documentation, detail-orientation, and
sensitivity with confidential documents and information; displays
exceptional ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and
courteous under pressure.
- Ensures an exceptional experience through unwaveringly high
levels of customer service with both internal and external
audiences by being honest, warm, responsive, and thorough at all
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of
cooperation and remains open to all levels of work and support for
- Successfully completes fifteen (15) continuing education hours
each year as required by Hague (or more as required by employee's
- Other duties, as assigned.
- All candidates who are selected for a job with All God's
Children International will be required to sign and abide by the
Statement of Faith.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree in Social Work or related filed; one or more years
related experience in Child Welfare, including Adoption Services.
Advanced training in adoption-related topics preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as business
correspondence, reports, inquiries, and sensitive medical and
financial documents. Ability to write error-free correspondence and
reports. Responds to questions from families, using sensitivity and
tact. May participate in training sessions lead by AGCI
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Maintain any relevant state license.
Keywords: ALL GODS CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL, Spokane , Social Worker, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!