Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employee Life insurance plan of $100,000 + the employee's
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available. QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or
GED required. BS in Accounting Required. Five years of experience
in an accounting position including payroll, accounts payable, bank
reconciliation, and general ledger required. Must have good verbal
and written communication skills. Must understand basic financial
statements and demonstrate ability to reconcile general ledger
accounts. Must be proficient on a ten-key and personal computer.
Must possess strong skills in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Outlook. MIP software experience is preferred. ActiveNet experience
is desirable. Governmental and/or Indian Health accounting/finance
experience also desirable. Ability to work with numerous
departments on projects is required. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Well organized with ability to handle a large volume of
- Ability to be self-motivated; handle urgent requests; meet
deadlines; and cope with a fast-paced oriented setting.
- Aptitude for proofreading and professional presentation.
- Must be a team player with a positive, non-judgmental public
- Ability to work in and support a culturally diverse
- Well organized, attentive to time management and able to
establish a separation of work and personal boundaries.
- Sensitive to patients/clients and staff with an excellent
customer service focus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information is essential
(i.e., incumbent understands and practices strict
- Pleasant personality, neat appearance. ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and data
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Sitting 25-75% of the day.
- Standing/Walking 25% of the day.
- Pushing up to 25 lbs.
- Pulling up to 25 lbs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes monthly journal entries using various software tools.
Approves entries made from other MIP users, ensuring proper entries
and internal controls.
- Responsible for reconciling all bank statements to the general
ledger each month.
- Assist and advise Wellness Center billing and payment entry
through Active Net (this might be in another section. It's
unrelated to payroll.
- Assist and advise bi-weekly payrolls as well as Federal and
State tax deposits to ensure timely payments are made.
- Assist and advise the filing of quarterly payroll taxes and
assists the Accounting Specialist as needed.
- Assist and advise Randle & Hurley 401-K files, ensuring proper
deposits and the filing of bi-weekly reports.
- Assists, advises Accounts Payable with proper coding. Monitors
and reviews aging report to ensure timely payments are being
- Works with the Accounting Assistant to ensure that all large
recurring invoices are posted on or before the monthly close is
- Prepares and distributes monthly departmental budget reports
from MIP. Also assists Department Managers with proper accounting
and coding of transactions.
- Trains new employees on MIP and ensures growth of existing
employees by training them in new areas.
- Serves as backup for the Accounting Manager.
- Creates invoices for all grants and tracks payments on a
- Other duties as assigned. PM22PI200527162
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!