HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALIST
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employee Life insurance plan of $100,000 + the employee's
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available. QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or
GED required. Availability to work as scheduled on clinic days.
NextGen Electronic Practice Management (EPM) experience preferred.
Keyboarding, computer and 10-key experience required. Minimum 2
years experience working in the medical field required. Experience
in Behavioral Health preferred. Medical Terminology knowledge
required. Good work history indicating: positive work attendance;
ability to work well with public and in a team oriented
environment. Previous experience providing excellent customer
service both on the phone and in person required. PERSONAL
- Possesses demonstrated ability to perform as a team
- Must have strong record of positive staff relationships.
- Maintains positive peer relationships and provides assistance
in a friendly, helpful manner to all patients, visitors and
- Possesses the ability to work independently, is detail
oriented, organized, and works under pressure. Meets
- Ability to handle a large volume of detail-oriented work in a
sometimes stressful environment.
- Must have consistent work attendance record.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality. ADA ESSENTIAL
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and computer
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Sitting 50-90% of the day.
- Standing/Walking 25% of the day.
- Pushing up to 25 lbs.
- Pulling up to 25 lbs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of excellent customer service to ensure that each
person, internally and externally is greeted professionally with
each and every interaction.
- Serves as a point of contact for patients/ staff and
appropriately handles or directs patient's questions, concerns or
issues to the appropriate department within the organization.
- Responsible for collection and maintenance of demographic
- Works collaboratively with revenue staff to effectively manage
demographics, recording and scanning payment from third
- Maintain close monitoring of patient flow and works closely
with medical and behavioral health staff to exchange information in
expediting patient visits.
- Answers all incoming calls to the Health Information department
and routes to appropriate person, employee or department.
- Follows up on telephone tasks that have not been accepted.
- Responsible for reviewing, extracting and data entry of
pertinent health information from outside records into patient's
Electronic Health Record.
- Assists patients in requesting medical records according to
departmental policy. Assures that requests are filled out correctly
- Handles all releases of information required for referrals or
patients, copies of immunization records and/or physical exam
- Processes all medical record requests and routes the
information to the requested parties. When applicable, prepares
invoices to the appropriate payer for payment of requested
- Processes all outgoing and incoming mail for the department.
Responsible for sorting and directing mail to the appropriate
employee per policy.
- Assists as a team member, as required, with updating policies
and procedures, serves on committee and works with the manager and
other departments to maintain positive patient interaction.
- Other duties as assigned. PM22PI200527198
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALIST, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!