LIFEGUARD, FILL IN
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020!
Fantastic benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability
to choose vacation times!
Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employee Life insurance plan of $100,000 + the employee's
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or G.E.D. required, individuals
currently enrolled in school or a GED program will be considered.
Must have the following current certification: Lifeguard
Certification, First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or
equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates, BSA) and Lifeguard Instructor
certification. If the applicant does not hold a Lifeguard
Instructor certification, one must be obtained within the first six
month of hire. This position will be involved in teaching classes
and/or lessons. Must be able to pass lifeguard skills test as a
part of the selection process.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and data
- Performs swimming rescues to patrons in distress including
approaching, breaking holds, and carrying people, which may require
the removal of the patron from the water.
- Standing 75% of the day.
- Walking 80% of the day.
- Pushing up to 60 lbs.
- Pulling up to 60 lbs.
- Efficient and confident when using rescue or safety equipment.
Wears lifeguard uniform, fanny packs and carries rescue tube at all
- Ensures pool and Wellness Center policies are being followed
and enforces these when needed, being consistent and fair at all
- Be a role model to all patrons, especially our youth.
- Courteously assists members with questions or problems,
providing exceptional customer service at all times.
- Knows and promotes aquatic programs to all students and
- Knows daily schedules.
- Completes administration tasks such as, but not limited to,
returning phone messages, maintaining records and reports,
including chemical testing, waist bag, whistle, incidents reports
and facility usage, in a thorough and timely manner.
- Attends facility staff meetings as required, serves on assigned
committees and prepares reports as requested.
- Follows procedures for scheduling. The employee communicates
changes and fulfills responsibility in shift coverage.
- Responsible for compliance with all policies and procedures;
especially aquatics opening and closing procedures and MOD.
- Instructs all ages and levels in any area of Aquatic exercise
or other WC/ CC departments.
- Completes cleaning assignments; follows written procedures for
any bodily fluid discharge.
- Performs daily chemical tests as outlined in Aquatics
- Reports any ongoing problems to the supervisor
- Follows defined Rotation when patrons are in the water or on
deck, maintaining visual contact at all times.
- Keeps deck areas clear.
- Responds immediately in an emergency to prevent further or more
- Assists with Lifeguard and other certification courses and in
house training as assigned.
- Makes sure the classes run properly.
- Responds to assignments in a timely manner and communicates
with the supervisor when timelines cannot be met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , LIFEGUARD, FILL IN, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!