BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB LEAD (PART-TIME)
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or
GED required. A.A degree in Child Development, Early Childhood
Development, or related field preferred. Verifiable progressive
training/education in the areas listed above required. A minimum of
5 years experience working with youth recreation, education or
related field required. Verifiable positive, stable work history
required. Previous experience in program leadership and
staff/volunteer coordination desired. Proficiency with website
design/maintenance, computers, software applications such as
Microsoft Office and other technical equipment (AV, etc) desired.
Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including
holidays, nights and weekends. Must be organized and professional
with all community members. Must have experience working with
tribal youth. Must plan, organize and implement events and
activities year around. Must hold and/or be willing to obtain the
following: Food Handlers Certification, Professional Rescuer First
Aid and CPR certification, and Lifeguard certification in the first
six months of employment and must be able to pass a Criminal
Background Check. Must be willing to cross train in all other
departments within Marimn Health Wellness Center. This position
assists with the After School, Boys and Girls Club, Rockin The Rez,
Boys & Girls Club Summer Day Camp, Youth Council and other Youth
program activities and/or events.ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and data
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing > 50% of the day.
- Walking > 50% of the day
- Pushing up to 40 lbs.
- Pulling up to 40 lbs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently promote a positive, professional image of Marimn
Health at all times, and provide consistent high-quality customer
service to all Members.
- Assist with daily programming and infusion of Boys & Girls Club
curriculum into operations, including developing, organizing, and
coordinating daily activities for after school, youth camps, youth
council activities, and special events or activities.
- Assist with and communicate: coordinating use of the gym both
internally/externally, planning and executing special events.
- Work with all Marimn Health staff to manage and schedule the
programming of the Boys & Girls Club in conjunction with other
events and activities.
- Correction of work deficiencies assuring adherence to Boys &
Girls Club programming, and recommending disciplinary action to the
Boys & Girls Club Manager.
- Organize and oversee Club curriculum focused activities
targeted to meet: health and wellness, education and leadership,
arts and membership and security by utilizing Boys& Girls Club best
practices and Playbooks.
- Assist with Boys & Girls Club activities/events to include
officiating and coaching sports activities as necessary to ensure
effective and safe operations.
- Keep Manager informed, especially in regards to matters of
significance that may arise, ensuring overall youth safety.
- Consistently demonstrate positive, effective communication
skills and interactions with the Wellness Center Director,
employees, members, volunteers, other agencies and
- Work and direct others to work in a safe manner, in person or
per radio communication.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of, and comply with the
company's policies and procedures, including the rules and
procedures contained in the Marimn Health Wellness Center Member
Handbook and consistently and appropriately enforce them.
- May function as Manager on Duty during Wellness Center/Boys &
Girls Club hours.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of, and comply with, Boys
& Girls Club policies and procedures and consistently and
appropriately enforce them.
- Work closely with the Boys & Girls Club Manager to assist with
programming, community awareness, marketing, and community
- Responsible for all communications with participants, coaches
and volunteers. Assist with community awareness and marketing of
the program and special events.
- Make recommendations and secures purchase orders for equipment,
supplies and maintenance needs of the program.
- Attend required staff meetings and serves on assigned
committees and prepares reports as requested.
- Responsible for chaperoning at Boys & Girls Club events and
- Respond in a timely manner to assignments and communicates with
Manager when timelines cannot be met.
- Work as a team member of the Boys & Girls Club and Wellness
- Collaborate with schools and other organizations.
- Develop and organize material for the Boys & Girls Club website
and submit requests within organization timeline for
- ActiveNet data collection/entry/reporting of Memberships,
attendance, fee's and overall Club specific participation.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of patrons, including the
children, elderly, physically and mentally disabled and people with
- Responds promptly to Member requests or concerns.
- Has a positive and appropriate relationship with youth, parents
and program staff.
- Knowledgeable of current trends related to running a Youth
- Actively participate in ongoing education toward applicable and
- Maintain current certifications before expiration
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB LEAD (PART-TIME), Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...