Company: First Group
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title
insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate
transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is
an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with
helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of
homeownership since 1889. First American Title s Direct division
provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional
settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and
equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company
s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we
invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their
overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning
culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than
50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit
www.firstam.com.Job SummaryResponsible for establishing new escrow
accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with
established policies and procedures.Essential Functions
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining
requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing
closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying
buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title
defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against
property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and
statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling
documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and
procedures; answering questions; checking documents for
completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing
and distributing final closing statements and title.
- Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and
enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Limited Supervision: Responsibility for independently planning,
designing and carrying out programs, projects and studies in
accordance with broad policy statements and/or legal
- Work is evaluated periodically in terms of adherence to program
goals, budgetary limitations, compliance with laws and regulations
and general institutional policies.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly
handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
License or Certification
- Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or
completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or
bank.First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company
and our dedication to putting People First, check out
firstam.com/careers. Associated topics: closer, closing, closing
agent, escrow, escrow assistant, escrow closer, escrow officer,
title, title agent, title processor
Keywords: First Group, Spokane , Escrow Officer, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!