Posted on: September 11, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine's Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members' lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan - medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Teller I
position will engage with and serve members by delivering efficient
and accurate service in all transactions and delivering an
unparalleled member experience. Team members in this role will
provide financial direction to assist members in meeting their
needs with recommendations or referrals for appropriate products
and/or services.Deliver Unparalleled Member Experience
- Proactively greet members as they enter the branch providing
prompt, accurate and efficient member service.
- Properly identify members, maintain member confidence and
protect credit union operations by keeping information
- Maintain a basic knowledge of consumer products and services
that are handled by Tellers.
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and
other related products.
- Introduce members to and assist with learning and using new and
- Deepen member relationships by asking open ended questions and
promoting appropriate products and services to members, directing
them to other branch representatives as appropriate.
- Attempt to resolve basic issues/problems with member
- Perform Teller functions as needed to support the branch.
- Process all member and shared branch member transactions,
deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments, check orders, etc.
accurately and efficiently.
- Be proficient with all cash handling processes including
balancing a cash drawer, vault and night drop.--
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify
amounts, examine checks for authenticity and proper endorsement,
and accurately enter deposits into system.
- Evaluate and place holds on accounts for uncollected
- Cash checks and process withdrawals; pay out funds after
verification of signatures and member balances.
- Receive loan, home loan and other payments, and ensure accuracy
when posting to the system.
- Complete special requests including taking orders for checks,
exchanging foreign currencies, providing statement copies,
completing CTRs, admitting members into safe-deposit boxes, etc. as
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled
amounts to computer generated balance sheet. Research and resolve
discrepancies. Report any discrepancy as required.
- Scan daily work and perform other clerical Teller functions as
needed.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum six months customer service in a retail or customer
service environment with recent cash handling experience strongly
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse
work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate diverse information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer
keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25 pounds.Work
- Highly interactive environment requires the ability and desire
to actively engage members.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment.Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information at--www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Spokane , Teller I, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!