Sr Mortgage Advisor
Posted on: November 9, 2019
The Sr Mortgage Advisor is responsible for meeting with members in
person and through brokers to sell mortgage loan packages within
their assigned territory, which will be expansion markets for BECU.
The Sr Mortgage Advisor originates sales by contacting prospective
members, developing and maintaining referral sources and acting as
the first point of contact for products and services. This role
focuses on creating and deepening both mortgage sourcing
relationships and member relationships. The Sr Mortgage Advisor
handles the most complex mortgage products and scenarios and
increases overall benefit to BECU by creating cross-referrals to
other BECU business lines.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU
Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection
- Meet with members in person to sell mortgage loan packages,
focusing on creating and deepening member relationships through
needs assessment, fulfillment, follow-up and cross-selling.
- Contact members via phone, email or regular mail for purposes
of documentation collection in conjunction with a sale, but conduct
majority of selling activities in person and through brokers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for products, services and
processes related to Mortgage application through funding.
- Create and deepen mortgage sourcing relationships including
agents, builders and other professionals within personal sphere of
- Generate new Mortgage relationships through prospecting and
- Contribute to individual and team goal attainment in assigned
centers/branches by deepening the member/customer experience,
coaching and developing referral generation, and other stated
- Represent BECU in the community, actively participating in
community organizations and events when appropriate to generate new
Mortgage business and educate others about BECU's mortgage products
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with members in
accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
- Review files referred utilizing automated underwriting
programs, correct any deficiencies that would provide approval.
Refer loans not approved by the automated underwriting programs to
- Serve as an escalation point for Member issues and
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work or education related
- Minimum 3 years of mortgage loan sales experience including
documented ability to self-generate mortgage volume of $12 million
or greater annually required.
- Expert relationship management, problem resolution and customer
service skills required.
- Strong sales, prospecting and follow-up skills required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate
in the English language required.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy required
including the ability to perform complex income analysis.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as
- Moderate travel required.
- Compliance with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual
registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
EEO Statement:BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
Keywords: BECU, Spokane , Sr Mortgage Advisor, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!