Senior Engineer, Facilities Electrical Engineer
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: January 15, 2022
United States of America
HWA02: Wheels & Brakes (Carbon)-Spoka 11135 W Westbow Lane,
Spokane, WA, 99204 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a highly qualified, energetic,
Facilities Electrical Engineer to contribute to the safe, compliant
and efficient operation of the Spokane Carbon Operations
manufacturing plant. This includes limiting process downtime,
extending equipment life, driving cost reduction projects and
selecting new equipment that supports and improves the production
processes. This position is also responsible for maintaining and
expanding the general plant electrical infrastructure. The
Facilities Engineer will provide facility growth planning and
manage capital projects. This position reports to the Facilities
- Responsible for electrical design/verification, integration,
testing and commissioning of power distribution, site grounding,
UPS and automation systems.
- Simultaneously managing all aspects and resources of capital
projects from inception through completion.
- Responsible for process instrumentation specification and I/O
- Lead technical discussions to support the specification,
acquisition, installation, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance,
and improvement of electrical equipment.
- Responsible for compliance to NEC and NFPA 70E requirements for
electrical power distribution systems up to 13.2kV.
- Maintain a high commitment to quality, thoroughness and
efficiency in all work aspects and meet all project deadlines and
- Observe and follow all quality, environmental, health and
- Bachelor's degree (typically in Science, Technology,
Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 5 years of
prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local
laws/regulations OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum
3 years experience OR In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant
experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card"
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or
related field (Electrical is desired)
- Experience configuring and commissioning Variable Frequency
- Experience with industrial communication protocols such as:
EthernetIP, Modbus/ModbusTCP, and ProfibusDP.
- Experience with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Experience with PLC platforms such as Siemens and Allen
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV, ABB 800xA, Bailey DCI System 6
or equivalent Distributed Control System (DCS) suite.
- Experience with OSIsoft's PI Data Historian and Interfaces,
Asset Framework, and PI Vision.
- Experience interpreting and modifying Electrical Drawings (One
Lines, Elementaries, Wiring Schematics, and Loop Drawings),
P&IDs, and PFDs.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in
technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global
aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our
Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their
destinations safely - every day! From landing systems and actuation
to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products
we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the
overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior
products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to
continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions
lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that
plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in
the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly
and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a
multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best
results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are
committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with
each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace,
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Spokane , Senior Engineer, Facilities Electrical Engineer, Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!