Chemical Engineering Technician
Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Nesco Resource has an excellent new opportunity for an
Analytical Technician for our rapidly growing manufacturing client!
This is a 1 year contract opportunity with possibility of becoming
Pay: $22-27/hr. (depending on experience)Location: Spokane,
WACOVID-19 vaccination required OR weekly testing
Position Summary The analytical technician will support the Stack
Integrations Team at the Spokane, WA facility. This support will
include sample collection/ preparation and materials
characterization and analysis. Flexibility to support other needs
and conduct routine travel is a must. The successful candidate must
be self-motivated, handle multiple assignments, and be willing to
learn and adapt in a customer-centric organization.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Requires close attention to detail and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Requires organizational skills and the ability to effectively
convey experimental results.
- Practical hands-on for sample collection/preparation
(sectioning, mounting, polishing, pinning, etc.)
- Operates and maintains analytical lab equipment.
- Maintain and create detailed notes in a lab notebook on
- Prior experience in conducting XRD, SEM, FTIR, ICPMS, Contact
Angle, and microscopy measurements and analysis is a plus but not
required for the right candidate. General material characterization
experience is preferred.
- They are required to perform test methods for raw materials
characterization, samples from failed cells, research projects from
- Works with senior material scientists to learn new and complex
- Will take direction from lab management and analytical teams
using best practice procedures.
- Provides input for and supports continuous improvement projects
of Plug Power's analytical tools and processes.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to provide input
concerning the analytical characterization of samples.
- Technical report documentation.
- Required to travel to joint facilities on a as need basis
- Assist in Developing and executing instrument validation.
- Understands and follows OSHA Lab Standard and GLP (Good
Laboratory Practice) guidelines at all times.
- Professionally represent company in all interactions; support
the organization's philosophy to provide high-performing technology
to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Education and Experience
- Possesses, or will soon earn, an Associates or BA/BS degree in
chemistry, mechanical engineering, or material science and 2+ years
of relevant experience.
- Prior laboratory experience required.
- Preferred 1-3 years of experience using and developing analysis
techniques in supporting manufacturing, product/process
development, and R&D environments.
- Experience in PEM fuel cell materials and component
development, process analysis and troubleshooting support a
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Teamwork oriented and focused.
- Excellent task-oriented follow-through. If interested, please
send your resume to Sarah Royer and email@example.com
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos
Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or
veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with
respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Spokane , Chemical Engineering Technician, Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!