Janitorial Maintenance Technician
Company: Walla Walla Foundry, Inc.
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: June 23, 2022
ABOUT WALLA WALLA FOUNDRY
Walla Walla Foundry is one of the largest fine art fabricators in
the world. Originally founded in 1980 as a bronze casting foundry,
it now employs around 100 people and produces work in a range of
materials and through multiple processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking an experienced, full-time swing
shift Janitorial Maintenance Technician to perform general
custodial duties and scheduled maintenance. Working as part of the
janitorial team, this position is responsible for after hours
cleaning and sanitation in multiple production buildings/areas.
This is a great position for someone who likes to stay busy, follow
a routine and for someone who takes pride in making the work
environment cleaner and safer for co-workers.
This position works a swing shift, approximately 2:00 pm to 11:00
pm. Overtime available and paid at time and a half.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
$16-18/hour to start, depending on experience. Compensation review
and increase after 90 days on the job. Competitive and
comprehensive benefit package include health, dental and vision
insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 401k and more!
- Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of janitorial
routine maintenance in common areas, offices and industrial
- Dust, sweep, mop, clean break rooms, industrial working
- Perform general maintenance duties such as cleaning equipment,
vehicles, gutters, replacing light bulbs and filters
- Wash/clean/disinfect assigned areas including
toilets/lavatories, sinks, vending machines, fixtures,
- Replenish supplies such as toilet paper, soap products, paper
- Empty wastebaskets, trash and recycle containers; empty garbage
cans into larger container
- Operate forklifts safely to move materials/dump garbage
- Monitor and maintain grounds to ensure a safe and clean working
environment; clear building entries and walkways of debris
- Perform regularly scheduled AHU filtration
- Lock and unlock buildings as needed; secure buildings when
facilities are not in use by checking for unlocked doors and
windows; report unauthorized occupants or any safety
- Occasional in-town travel required; can drive personal vehicle
and receive mileage reimbursement.
- Performs tasks following best practices and established safety
- Watch janitorial product inventory to communicate to lead when
product resupply is needed
- On a regular basis, check company email and other company and
maintenance related programs on assigned ipad. Communicate in
person or through available technology (email, programs,
- Other job duties assigned
- High school graduate or GED; 1+ years or more applicable
janitorial, custodial or maintenance experience; OR combination of
education and experience to perform the job
- Knowledge or exposure to proper handling and documentation of
cleaning and/or hazardous materials desired; or ability to be
trained and certified. Foundry will provide training and
- Comfort using technology/apps. Able to read work orders and
record work accomplished; able to read and respond to
- Ability to communicate and comprehend instructions including,
but not limited to safety policies, SDS sheets, work and
- Prior safe working experience handling/cleaning Blood Borne
Pathogens desired; or ability to be trained and earn BBP
certification required. Foundry will provide training and
- Experience operating fork truck desired; or ability to be
trained and certified to drive fork truck required. Foundry will
provide training and certification.
- Must be reliable and efficient in approach to work
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Must be
- Exhibit appropriate communication and interpersonal skills when
interacting with employees, coworkers, supervisors and
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
is a plus.
- Since driving is required for position, must have a valid
driver's license and clean driving record
Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend and twist over
long periods of time, and engage in repetitive motions of feet,
arms and hands. Ability to operate foot controls and to grasp/pinch
with hand(s) is frequent. Must be able to climb stairs. Must be
able to kneel, bend and work in small spaces. Must have the ability
to push/pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50
Environmental conditions can be loud, dusty and/or smoky.
Temperatures can swing with the weather from very cold to very hot.
PPE required and worn daily including gloves, safety
glasses/goggles/shields, face masks (N-95), work boots.
Complete the online application through the link. Resume optional.
Hard copy applications available at Walla Walla Foundry.
Post-offer drug screen (includes screening for marijuana/THC) and
reference and background check required.
The Walla Walla Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national
origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital status,
military or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation,
political ideology, genetic information, or any other basis
prohibited by federal or state law.PI182649565
Keywords: Walla Walla Foundry, Inc., Spokane , Janitorial Maintenance Technician, Professions , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!