LEAD PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our Company:PharMericaOverview:Pharmacy Technician License Fees:
We've Got You Covered!New hires and current employees are eligible
for reimbursement for license fees as required
*Pharmacy Technician licensed required*
Join our PharMerica team! PharMerica is a closed-door pharmacy
where you can focus on fulfilling the pharmaceutical needs of our
long-term care and senior living clients. We offer a non-retail
pharmacy environment. Our organization is in high growth mode,
which means advancement opportunities for individuals who are
looking for career progression!
DailyPayFlexible schedulesCompetitive payShift differentialHealth,
dental, vision and life insurance benefitsCompany paid STD and
LTDTuition AssistanceEmployee Discount Program401kPaid-time
offTuition reimbursementNon-retail/Closed-door environment
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer
service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals,
rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other
specialized care centers nation8wide. If your passion is service
excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply
- Participates in orientation, training, competency assessment,
and evaluation of Pharmacy Technicians.
- Monitors work flow and reassigns Pharmacy Technicians as
- Prepares Pharmacy Technician schedules to meet the needs of the
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of
Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery,
meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and
ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- May perform the following:o Works in the Controlled Drugs
o Works with automated machines to prepack drugs.
o Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical
levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy
standard for Days on Hand.
o Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system
to produce labels (data entry).
o Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and
o Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g.,
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant
and professional manner.
- Ensure technician adherence to local, state, and federal
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its
policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement,
applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential
- Required: HS diploma or equivalentWork Experience
- Required: Experience in an LTC pharmacy setting
- Desired: Prior supervisory experienceSkills/Knowledge
- Required: Basic understanding of drugs, medication terminology,
and metric system; ability to operate a computer.
- Desired: Workflow management skills; scheduling skills;
performance managementAbout our Line of Business: PharMerica is a
full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication.
PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of
choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities,
public health organizations and post-acute care organizations.
PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies.
PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional
company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement
and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about
PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com. Follow us on Facebook,
Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Keywords: PharMerica, Spokane , LEAD PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!