Journeyman Truck Technician
Company: Western States CAT
Posted on: November 24, 2022
SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State's culture is based on
passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely
committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every
day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a
"play to win" organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every
decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging
culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an
Hourly Pay: $31.50-$40.99 per hour, DOE.
JOB SUMMARY: The Journeyman Truck Technician is responsible and
capable for maintenance and repair to truck engine chassis and
drivetrain, under the supervision of a Master level Technician or
Service Foreman/Lead. Skillset includes include diagnosis,
removing, repairing, installing, disassembling, assembling,
rebuilding, and reconditioning, according to specifications.
* Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at
Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is
critical to ensure all employees, vendors and clients have a safe
work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies,
procedures and standards.
* Ability to complete Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's) prior to any
job-related tasks according to WSECO's policy and standards.
* Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe
environment for all WSECO employees.
* Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as
identified in safety policy.
Diagnosis, Troubleshooting, and Repair
* Possess troubleshooting skills on various engine and truck
* Performs skill level appropriate testing while comparing data to
specifications to determine if the system is working as
* Performs repairs and diagnose failures according to WSECO's time
* Performs experience level appropriate tasks independently,
including inspections and troubleshooting when scheduled for
required preventative maintenance service.
Engines and Drivetrain
* Ability to independently complete engine preventative maintenance
and inspect and repair engine components.
* Ability to independently complete engine overhauls.
* Ability to independently perform drivetrain component
* Performs preventative maintenance duties on drivetrain including
proper additive use and oil sampling. Troubleshooting and repair
include but not limited to identifying leaks, replacing seals/hub
bearings and races, adjusting/replacing clutches and clutch brakes,
removing/inspecting axles, removing/inspecting/repairing drivetrain
components and identifying u-joint and yoke series.
Electrical, Air Systems, HVAC, and Cab
* Understands electrical components with the ability to test,
repair and replace circuits. Includes but is not limited to Deutsch
and Ampseal Connectors, 6/12/24 battery voltage systems and ability
to repair/replace varies harness types.
* Ability to inspect and troubleshoot air system components
including brake chambers, governors, and compressors.
* Troubleshoot and service HVAC systems to include evacuating,
recharging and replacing components when required.
* Understanding of general mechanical/electrical cab functions
pertaining to operator interfaces.
Brakes, Frame, and Suspension
* System understanding and replacement of drum brakes, disc brakes
and ABS System.
* Performs general tasks in troubleshooting and repair of various
frame and suspension systems including shock absorbers, leaf
springs, cab airbags, and wheel sensors.
* Participates in continued education and training initiatives as
outlined in the Western States Equipment Technician Career
Development Plan. (TCDP)
* Able to utilize service manuals (SIS and parts books) to address
technical issues and perform all required tasks within technician
level abilities, in accordance to printed procedures.
* Familiarity with parts reusability guidelines.
* Ability to write and read complete, factual service reports for
files and warranty purposes for timely work order closing.
* Possess skill sets to address all inquiries in a prompt and
friendly manner in an effort to meet or exceed internal/external
* Performs other duties as assigned with a mindset for technician
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Basic computer/typing skills.
* Ability to obtain job related certifications for any specialty
equipment such as but not limited to forklifts, rigging and
overhead cranes, etc.
* Developing knowledge of SIS and STW.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Working within and promoting Western States' purpose, vision and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associates degree in diesel technology or trade school diploma or
equivalent experience required.
* Four-years minimum experience in diagnosis, repair, disassembly,
and assembly of on-highway trucks and engines, or related
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking,
sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not
limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping,
pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Keywords: Western States CAT, Spokane , Journeyman Truck Technician, Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!