Truck Driver - Flatbed (Lewiston)
Company: Baker Truck Service
Posted on: September 17, 2023
IntroductionFrom its Coeur d'Alene, Idaho headquarters, the closely
held, family-owned company is now one of America's largest lumber
producers, with capacity for over one billion board feet per year
and markets around the globe. The company holds high standards when
it comes to product, process and company objectives. This is a
healthy, growing company big enough for its national and
international markets, but with hometown ethics and pride in a job
Idaho Forest Group is currently seeking Class A CDL Driver's. This
role is primarily responsible for the day-to-day transportation of
- Driver is responsible for doing all DOT required pre-inspection
and post-inspection on a daily basis.
- Operates truck in accordance with DOT, state and city
regulations, as well as all Company guidelines.
- Responsible for following electronic tracking procedure.
- The Driver shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The Driver is expected to tarp loads as may be required.
- Experience in adverse driving conditions (gravel, snow, and
- The Driver is expected to attend and participate in all safety
meetings and training.
- The Driver shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is
required to safely do the job at hand.
- The Driver shall report unsafe acts or conditions, injuries
and/or incidents to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety
- Work independently with minimal oversight.
- Other duties as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in CDL OTR truck driving with
129,000 GVW capable OTR equipment.
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- CDL Medical Certificate.
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees
to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which
may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check,
drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification,
driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills
testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based
on the position. Driver will be subject to a DOT regulated pre-hire
drug and alcohol testing and if hired will be put in for random
selection going forward.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement.
Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop,
squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist,
kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to
tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and
airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of
race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status,
age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other
status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability
and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring
process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or
Keywords: Baker Truck Service, Spokane , Truck Driver - Flatbed (Lewiston), Professions , Pullman, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!