Company: MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Description At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions("MacMiller")
wemake buildings work better. As the Northwest's leading mechanical
contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and
automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our over
1500 employees across15offices, there is a breadth and variety of
work to keep you engaged and inspired. We enjoy a well-respected
history of exceeding our customers' expectations andexecuting with
distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our
integrated teams, including:
- New construction -Engineering, fabrication and install of
mechanical systems for new projectsfollowing
- Special projects-Retrofits and mechanical repairsfor existing
buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduledpreventativemaintenance ensuring
tenantcomfort,and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance-Controlsystems, fault detection,energy
services and remote monitoring People love to work at
MacDonald-Miller, and it's because we all share the same Core
- Collaboration - Diverse players, one team, a common vision.
Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the
company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of
strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication - We are dedicated to personal and professional
excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing
and following through on our commitments.
- Safety - Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more
than hardhats and boots, it's an attitude and the environment we
create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community - We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We
actively seek to build relationships and know each other as
individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming,
caring, and trusting.
- Innovation - We are committed to continuous, creative problem
solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always
strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! - Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too
seriously. It's possible to be both serious professionals and
good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Requirements Controls Specialist: This is where you come in. We're
looking for an Controls Specialist who will help configure, set up,
and test building controls systems in commercial buildings to
monitor energy usage and stay green! In return for hard work and
achieving aggressive goals, you'll get rewarded with more to own, a
ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you've probably
ever had. Top 3 things to deliver in the first year to be a
- Become proficient in areas of building controls including
pneumatic, electronic, energy management systems, lighting control
systems, computerized control systems, and communication
- Learn to develop and write necessary software code to meet
project scope, specification, or basic functional
- Test mechanical equipment operation and full function of
control system components, and document and resolve all issues
relating to controls and your project. The Controls Specialist role
reports Adam Klett/Controls Specialist Supervisor on a
collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives
to support our growing business. Your Background: What kind of
person will thrive in this role? You should have...
- A track record of delivering excellent customer service
- The desire to gain knowledge of building controls systems and
assisting with all aspects of building controls, including
assisting with the configuration, programming, startup, test,
commissioning, and troubleshooting of control components, networks
and systems. And everyone you work with should describe you as...
- Incredibly strong work ethic
- Highly adaptable
- Positive and customer-focused And you should be motivated by...
- Providing excellent customer service and solving problems
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a
ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you'll
be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to
innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel Benefits
Compensation: $42.00-$54.00 hourly MacDonald-Miller Facility
Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees(coverage available for
dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long-term
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program. Interested in learning more? If
you're ready for an adventure and are interested in being
considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or
if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach
out to them to get introduced to the team! MacDonald-Miller
Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Spokane , Controls Specialist, Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!