Construction Project Engineer Intern (Fire Protection)
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Thank you for your interest in interning with McKinstry!
We are proud and excited to offer summer internships across several of our different office locations and are currently seeking a Construction Project Engineer Intern to join the team as a member of our growing FIRE PROTECTION division in our SPOKANE, WA location.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and tradespeople throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit our website.
McKinstry s B.L.U.E. (Build, Learn, Understand, Enrich) summer internship program aims to engage the best and brightest students with strong academic backgrounds who demonstrate effective leadership and then provide them with an equally meaningful experience. We have purposefully designed our internships to be an authentic reflection of what it means to be an integral part of McKinstry. This is achieved through our hands-on, 12-week long, paid program structured to build a foundation of industry knowledge while personal and professional growth is facilitated through collaboration, exploration, and mentorship. You can learn more about our internship program here.
What are we looking for in our interns:
* Must be pursuing a degree in Construction Management or a related engineering or construction field. Junior student standing or higher required.
* Availability in Summer 2019 (May/June start until August/September depending on school); part-time availability before or after Summer preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be detail oriented, well organized, and possess excellent follow-up skills.
* Must be self motivated, able to multi task and work independently.
* Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals, estimates and other regularly encountered items.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint and MS Project preferred.
* Must be 18 years of age or older
What are our Construction Project Engineer Interns responsible for:
* Communicate with clients and project resources (subcontractors, vendors, trades) and document discussions, outcomes and decisions.
* Coordinate equipment procurement with purchasing department.
* Support Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) processes.
* Work with various internal and external teams while on job-site
* Attend team management meetings
* Communicates and coordinates with McKinstry subcontractors. Includes the routing of any correspondence.
* Communicates with Project Manager for daily duties.
* Maintain drawings, daily correspondence with trades, schedules, RFI logs, submittal logs and superintendent daily reports.
* Assist in the client and subcontractor change order process.
* Create Requests for Information (RFI)
* Process, review, log and distribute submittals.
* Publish Operations and Maintenance Manuals for the client.
* Assist in billing and tracking of construction project schedules and earned value reporting.
* Reviews project documents for design impacts
* Lay out new systems for pricing and/or project support
**Applications for internships will be open from December until the end of January 2019 or until filled. Interviews with selected candidates will occur throughout 2019.**
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation, how we support our employees, the unique truly integrated way we deliver, the long-term relationships we forge with our clients and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Spokane , Construction Project Engineer Intern (Fire Protection), Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!