Warehouse Person - Forklift Operator - Days
Company: Core-Mark International, Inc.
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Discover the power of one and all at Core-Mark Come join the team
that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving
communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Job DetailsDescriptionJob DescriptionPOSITION TITLE Warehouse
PersonJob Code 6013 / 6014 / 6514 - Non-ExemptREPORTS TO Warehouse
SupervisorPOSITIONAL OBJECTIVETo work towards the common goals of
the department with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Maintain attention to detail. Adherence to policies and procedures
set forth by Core-Mark management will be observed at all times.
Receive, store and distribute products within the warehouse by
performing essential responsibilities listed below. KEY
- Mainstream Duties & Responsibilities
- Ongoing Responsibilities:
- Receive all inbound merchandise and locates to proper pick
- Restock order pick lines and flow lines to prepare warehouse
for order selection.
- Ensure placement of product in sufficient quantities to
accommodate routine and/ or special demands.
- Perform routine cycle counts or other physical counts prompted
by variance between on hand and continuous records.
- Retrieve product in accordance with printed customer
- Pull orders according to sequencing on delivery route/run list
and ensure usage of product with oldest date first; rotates
- Consolidate merchandise into picking containers as
- Clearly mark cartons or totes with truck run and stop
- Maintain inventory location records.
- Restock order selection zones as necessary during conduct of
- Record amounts of materials or items received or
- Maintain clean, orderly workstation-returns supplies,
merchandise to assigned locations and cleans work area at end of
- Perform other duties as required Health & Safety
- Comply with H&S policies and procedures
- Report hazards (unsafe conditions/acts) to H&S Advisor,
Manager and/or Human Resources
- Refer all safety matters to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely
- All employees have a right to participate in H&S matters,
this may include assisting in Safety Committee Meetings, Facility
Self Inspections, Accident Investigations and Job Safety
- Ensure all injuries are reported to the Supervisor/Manager in a
- Comply with any requests for information with reference to WCB
- Comply with any offers of modified dutiesKNOWLEDGE AND
- One to three months of related experience a/o training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience in a production
shift environment.EDUCATION REQUIRED High school diploma or general
education degree (GED) or 1-3 months of related experience as
- On the job Warehouse Operations experience preferredTECHNICAL
ABILITIES TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER
- Basic PC skills Word, Excel, Outlook
- AS400 Experience desirable
- Light typing skills/10 key by touch MUST HAVES (attitudes &
- Discrete (confidentiality)
- Self Motivated
- Team Orientated
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Ability
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Time & Goal Management
- Stress Management
- Customer Relations (internal and external)
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach goals
- Comfortable learning internal computer systems OTHER
INFORMATION (Language requirements, travel, physical
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands and finger to handle
objects, tolls, or controls; reach with hand and arms. The employee
frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is
occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours. The
employee must regularly lift a/o move up to 10 lbs., frequently
lift a/o move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift a/o move up to 60
yes, Amt =80%5%10%5%0%0%0%0%0%0%100%
- WORK ENVIRONTMENT
- Able to work in an interruption-driven environment
- Does the employee work near moving mechanical parts; in high,
precarious places; and in outside weather conditions?
- Yes No
- Is the employee exposed to fumes or airborne particles?
- Yes No
- Language: Ability to read, print, and speak simple sentences.
Recognize similarities and difference between words and between
series of numbers. Must be able to read product codes and
information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to add/subtract 2 digit numbers and multiply/divide
10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized
situations with only occasional or no variables. Must be able to
recognize malfunctions in equipment and notify supervisors.
CORE COMPETENCIES (range of 0 to
5)LeadershipLevelTeamworkLevelPerformance Results3Teamwork and
Relationships4Integrity / Trustworthiness5Organizational
Drive4Strategic Thinking and Problem
SolvingLevelCommunicationLevelRisk Management / Judgment5Effective
Written Communication4Diagnostic Information Gathering4Interactive
Communication4Strategic Outlook and Thinking4Persuasion and
Influence4Learning and KnowledgeLevelCustomer
ServiceLevelTechnical, Practical and Professional Knowledge4Client
Orientation5Continuous Learning4Quality Focus5Note: This is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties,
requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the
job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of
the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the
functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or
different tasks be performed. IND-SPK #GD-SPO
Keywords: Core-Mark International, Inc., Spokane , Warehouse Person - Forklift Operator - Days, Professions , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!