Customer Service Representative II or III, Retail Banking
Company: HomeStreet Bank
Posted on: January 12, 2022
EO/AA Employer including Vets and DisabledQualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance
with legal requirements.Job Description SummaryCSR II - This
position is responsible for acquisition, retention and expansion of
new and existing customer relationships. The CSR II provides
exceptional customer service by taking ownership of the customer
experience from introducing the customer to HomeStreet Bank through
profiling the customer, assessing their banking and borrowing
needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a thorough
knowledge of HomeStreet products and services. Provide a variety of
teller services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, and
maintaining accounts. Perform processing tasks such as making
automatic transfers, updating records and balancing. At all times,
provide superior customer service.
CSR III - This position is responsible for acquisition, retention
and expansion of new and existing customer relationships. The Sr.
CSR provides exceptional customer service by taking ownership of
the customer experience from introducing the customer to HomeStreet
Bank through profiling the customer, assessing their banking and
borrowing needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a
thorough knowledge of HomeStreet products and services. Provide a
variety of teller services such as handling deposits, withdrawals,
and maintaining accounts. Perform processing tasks such as making
automatic transfers, updating records and balancing. At all times,
provide superior customer service.Job DetailsESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS:New Accounts/Sales ActivitiesCSR II
- Effectively interviews and profiles new and existing customers
in order to recommend appropriate banking products and
- Effectively partners with other business lines within the Bank
to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer
- Opens and closes customer accounts including checking, savings,
money markets, certificates of deposit, and IRAs.
- Where appropriate, actively takes advantage of all sales
opportunities, cross-selling bank products and services to new and
existing customers, ensuring recommended products meet needs of
customer. Makes referrals to other business units for non-banking
- Participates in sales programs to generate new customers.
- Must sell financial products and services to meet referral
goals and performance evaluation/personal goals.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of bank products and services.CSR
- Processes complex transactions such as changing account
ownership, living trusts, guardianship accounts, and estate
- Originates consumer loans, acting as customer advocate to
ensure prompt processing of consumer loans.Service ActivitiesCSR II
- Actively listens to customers, and maintains a friendly,
positive, professional attitude. Resolves difficult situations with
creativity, tact and diplomacy.
- Supports branch lobby management.
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in providing exceptional
customer service utilizing the STAR (Seamless, Trustworthy,
Attentive, and Resourceful) qualities either in person or on the
- Looks for ways to pleasantly surprise our customers, i.e.,
doing something above and beyond their expectation that makes them
- Participates in two community events per year.CSR III
- Sets an example for the CSR staff in the area of customer
service and customer advocacy.
- Resolves difficult situations using the HEAL guidelines of
Hearing out the customer, Easing the tension, Acting to improve the
situation, and Leaving a positive impression.Teller ActivitiesCSR
II and III
- Performs daily teller services such as processing deposits,
withdrawals, holds, loan payments, stop payments, telephone
transfers, direct deposits, cash advances, verifications of
deposit, Debit card requests, wire transfers and other related
- Balances cash drawer independently, maintains cash over and
short record within HomeStreet's compliance policy.
- May be assigned the control of the vault cash. Follows
guidelines to maintain limits, meet cash shipment requirements, and
- Effectively perform project responsibilities as assigned such
as processing and balancing ATM, daily branch balancing, Customer
Information System input, branch supply orders, and monthly branch
- Effectively assist other CSRs in the completion of work
assignments and balancing.Operational ActivitiesCSR II and III
- Participates in branch audit functions.
- Follows HomeStreet's policies and procedures and meet
- Performs all other duties as required.REQUIREMENTS:CSR II
- Minimum of 2 years cash handling and customer service
experience. Banking experience preferred.
- Some experience in opening new deposit accounts preferred.
- Demonstrated success in cross-selling banking services and
- PC experience required. Word, Excel and teller/bank software
- Willingness to assume additional
responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.CSRIII
- Minimum of 3 years job experience as a CSR/New Accounts
Representative or equivalent, plus demonstrated ability in an
operations area related to Bank or retail operations.
- Technical skills and experience to operate teller software,
Word, Excel, and other bank-related computer programs.CSR II and
- Strong customer relations skills and the ability to communicate
and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative,
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, able to work within
deadlines under pressure.
- Must possess excellent judgment, and the ability to accept
responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information
and make decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are
- High school diploma or equivalent.PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONSCSR II
and CSR III
- Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment
including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy
machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization
terminals, and security devices.
- Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force
frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 2/3 of the time)
sitting. Walking, standing, bending and reaching occasionally and
for brief periods of time.This Position Description may not be
limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in
the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position
demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the
Functions or Requirements of this position.AreaCustomer Service
Keywords: HomeStreet Bank, Spokane , Customer Service Representative II or III, Retail Banking, Sales , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!